您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
OpenAI CEO's ouster was over "breakdown of communications," not "malfeasance"
简介OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's firing was over a "breakdown in communication between Sam and the board ...
OpenAI CEO Sam Altman's firing was over a "breakdown in communication between Sam and the board," and not "malfeasance or anything related to our financial, business, safety, or security/privacy practices," Chief Operating Officer Brad Lightcap wrote in an internal company memo Saturday morning, viewed by Reuters.
The board of OpenAI, the company behind hit product ChatGPT, on Friday pushed out its high-profile CEO Altman, sending shock waves across the tech industry. The company appointed former chief technology officer Mira Murati as interim CEO.
The firing came as a surprise to Altman, and also blindsided many employees who discovered the abrupt management change from the company's public facing blog, according to an X post from Greg Brockman, the former OpenAI president and co-founder.
Brockman quit shortly after Altman was fired. Another senior researcher, Szymon Sidor, confirmed to Reuters that he had quit as well.
"Team - after yesterday’s announcement, which took us all by surprise, we have had multiple conversations with the board to try to better understand the reasons and process behind their decision. These discussions, and options regarding our path forward, are ongoing this morning," Lightcap wrote in the memo.
"We can say definitively that the board’s decision was not made in response to malfeasance or anything related to our financial, business, safety, or security/privacy practices," he wrote. "This was a breakdown in communication between Sam and the board."
"We still share your concerns about how the process has been handled, are working to resolve the situation," he added in the note. "Our collective responsibility right now is to our teammates, partners, users, customers, and the broader world who shares our vision of broadly beneficial AGI." (Reuters-Yonhap)
- 부모와 아이
The Ministry of Health and Welfare rejected a request to devise guidelines of hospitalization for tr ...
- 부모와 아이
Jungkook of BTS held his first-ever fan-exclusive live stage event with around 2,800 fans in Seoul o ...
- 부모와 아이
Controversy over the difficulty of the Suneung, South Korea’s college entrance exam, is likely to co ...
- KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet
- Daewoo E&C chief cements ties with Nigerian leaders
- T1, Faker unrivaled at 2023 LoL World Championship
- Suneung might not see perfect scorer for first time in 13 years
- Criminal procedures for foreigners in Korea
- 김기현 “한동훈 자질, 대한민국 위해 잘 발휘될 수 있게 할 것”
Transgender blind spot in hospitalization: NHRCK
Seoul shares end up on tech gains ahead of Nvidia results
Korean ramen exports hit record high amid global K
S. Korea hints at halt to 2018 inter
German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
S. Korea, Britain vow closer ties in nuclear energy sector
- [Today’s K
- S. Korea, Japan, China agree to accelerate summit efforts
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- 정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
- Hyundai Elevator, Erbud team up to rebuild Ukraine
- Volvo EX30 debuts in Korea
- Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure
- BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
- Pentagon chief stresses US ability to tackle 'crises in multiple theaters'
- S. Korea warns of potential NK surprise attacks using Hamas tactics
- Dawn begins mandatory military service
- The 2023 Seoul Fantastic Beer Festival
- Appeals court upholds 40
- [HIT Forum]Space forum sees opportunities beyond our 'pale blue dot'
- [New on scene] Kim Chang
- [HIT Forum] More than 400 attendees explore space at HIT forum
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
- 尹 “하마스 무차별 공격 규탄”...척 슈머 등 美 상원 대표단 접견
- 판 커진 구청장 선거…민주당 크게 이겼다
- 문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
- More webtoon
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- 민주당 개표 초반부터 환호성…김태우 캠프엔 적막 가득했다
- [Today’s K
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 4th month in August
- 218 Koreans head home from Israel: Foreign Ministry
- Science minister welcomes HIT forum on space economy
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아