Fifty Fifty's Keena marks group's 1st anniversary with apology
简介Downsized from a four-piece, Fifty Fifty's last remaining member Keena celebrated the group ...
Downsized from a four-piece, Fifty Fifty's last remaining member Keena celebrated the group's first anniversary with an apology.
Keena penned a hand-written letter to fans Saturday, a year on from the group's debut.
"I'm cautious as to how to start this since I'm addressing my fans, Hunnies, for the first time in a while, but I'm plucking up my courage to speak on my honest thoughts," Keena began her letter.
"First of all, I'm sorry to Hunnies who have gone through a hard time due to my indiscreet actions and I am thankful to them for enduring through this indefinite period for me," she wrote.
Keena, along with her three bandmates of Fifty Fifty, had begun a legal battle against the group's agency, Attrakt, in June, requesting an injunction to terminate their exclusive contracts. The Seoul court rejected their request in August and the four members appealed. Attrakt in October terminated the contracts with Saena, Sio and Aran, but not with Keena, who withdrew her appeal at the last moment.
"I've learnt, experienced and matured a lot in the past year. It was my memories with Hunnies that have pulled me up every moment," she continued in the letter, adding, "I promise to make you guys happy again as Keena of Fifty Fifty with good performances and music."
Debuting under Attrakt, Fifty Fifty gained enormous popularity with its mega-hit single, "Cupid." With the song, the quartet became the fastest K-pop group to make it onto Billboard's Hot 100 song chart, and "Cupid" went on to become the longest-charting song on the US singles chart and the British Official Single Chart.
Keena is set to attend the Billboard Music Awards ceremony at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday.
Fifty Fifty has been nominated for the top duo/group and top global K-pop song award categories of the annual music event.
The existing trilateral cooperation among South Korea, the United States and Japan will remain endur ...
Masks from Korea, Japan and China are being shown at a special exhibition titled "Everyday Use of Ma ...
더불어민주당 홍익표 원내대표(오른쪽)가 23일 국회 원내대표실을 방문한 국민의힘 유의동 신임 정책위의장을 만나 인사하고 있다. 연합뉴스홍익표 더불어민주당 원내대표가 24일 국회 본 ...
- Hyundai Elevator, Erbud team up to rebuild Ukraine
- Braving wind and high water to celebrate Dokdo Day
- 4 North Koreans cross East Sea maritime border in first since 2019
- Saudi crown prince gives Yoon a ride to investment forum
- Dog meat group threatens to release 2 million dogs near presidential office
- N. Korea to close its embassy in Uganda: report
- 北 오죽 돈 없으면…유럽서도 방 뺀다, 주스페인 대사관 폐쇄
- Sombre palaces, tombs swathed in fall colors
- US lawmaker submits bill requiring Pentagon report on allies' defense contribution
- Director touts Netflix's ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ as warm tale for adults
- 홍준표 "서울 메가시티, 시대 역행…尹정책과도 안맞아"
- In early 2029, Earth will likely breach key warming threshold: scientists
- [Korean History] Bodies of two infants discovered in freezer in Seoul's Seorae Village
- [Korea Quiz] Lucrative MLB careers
- [Korea Quiz] Lucrative MLB careers
- CJ Olive Young opens foreigner
- Drugs smuggled in through Incheon Airport surge since pandemic: lawmaker
- 'The Boys' director says blending fact, fiction necessary to deliver message
- [Our Museums] Ride through nation's train heritage at Korea Railroad Museum
- Concerns grow over rise of fall webworm
- Gender ministry to discipline 123 parents for not paying child support
- Samsung, Hyundai ink first EV battery deal
- Eugene Group wins bid to acquire news channel YTN
- Monk sentenced to 18 months for assaulting woman who refused sex
- Korean Air to retain Asiana workers after takeover: sources
- S. Korea to hold remembrance ceremony for independence fighter at center of ideological dispute
- 尹 대통령, 사우디 국방장관 만나 “국방·방산 협력 심화”
- Mirae Asset seeks generational change in leadership reshuffle
- Genesis BBQ opens 11th store in Vietnam
- S. Korea's rising problem: unemployed youth giving up on job searching
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Berlin, Europe's Korean Studies hub, nurtures next
- S. Korea formally accepts WTO deal on fisheries subsidies
- KT, Hyundai E&C, Saudi’s STC team up for digital infrastructure
- Korean delicacy of live octopus leads to choking death of 82
- Seoul shares open higher as US Treasury yields slide
- Opposition leader returns to party duties, calls for Cabinet overhaul