SK Telecom CEO shows confidence in AI
简介SK Telecom CEO Ryu Young-sang, who also leads SK Group's ICT committee, said Thursday he is con ...
SK Telecom CEO Ryu Young-sang, who also leads SK Group's ICT committee, said Thursday he is confident about seizing new business opportunities as the rise of generative artificial intelligence reshapes industries.
“Even before the black swan event of the emergence of (Chat)GPT last year, SK Group has been accumulating its capabilities in AI and new technologies as we (feel sure) about the growth of (such) innovation,” Ryu said in his opening speech at this year’s SK Tech Summit at Coex in southern Seoul.
While introducing SK Telecom’s “AI pyramid strategy” introduced in September, which focuses on three key areas -- AI infrastructure, AI transformation and AI service -- to realize the “global AI firm,” Ryu lauded SK’s vision and confidence in AI-based future growth led by the telecom giant.
Ryu vowed to create greater synergies “separately and together” with the group’s affiliates and key global partners -- Anthropic, Amazon Web Services and Google -- as well as with the member companies of the SK Telecom-led K-AI Alliance to cultivate a comprehensive AI ecosystem.
Under the theme of “AI Everywhere for a Better Future,” this year’s tech conference took place on its largest-ever scale since the inaugural event in 2016. A total of 17 SK affiliates, including SK Telecom, prepared sessions for the two-day event. Over 60 percent of the exhibition booths and presentations were related to AI technology, and around 9,600 attendees preregistered to attend the event, Ryu explained.
During his 10-minute opening speech, the telecom giant’s chief used the word “AI” around 50 times, while mentioning “SK” about 20 times to highlight how sincere and important SK considers the technology.
Anticipating a rosy outlook for the AI industry, Ryu said SK is making the utmost effort to reorganize its growth strategy to be centered on AI as it looks to do more than simply respond to the rapidly changing industry environment. “The future is up to exploration, not prediction. … SK is becoming a frontier that proactively pioneers the future,” he said.
“SK will strive to actively solve various issues and difficulties society faces through ‘people-centered AI,” the CEO said. “At this year’s event, we hope you will be able to experience the present and future that SK is creating through AI.”
At the conference, four keynote speakers -- Chung Suk-geun, chief AI global officer of SK Telecom; Jared Kaplan, Anthropic CSO; Slavik Dimitrovich, head of specialist solutions architecture of AI/ML at AWS; and Warren Barkley, senior director of product management at Google -- shared their visions and business experiences using generative AI.
South Korea has initiated a comprehensive examination of scenarios aimed at restoring guard posts in ...
South Korean shares closed nearly flat Thursday amid signs of cooling US inflation. The local curren ...
The 2023 League of Legends World Championship tickets for the final round are being sold on online r ...
- Jeju's autonomy is model for Western Sahara: Morocco
- S. Korean shares snap 3
- Chinese beer imports plunge amid Tsingtao scandal
- Network error grinds government network to halt, restoration still in progress
- S. Korea's English proficiency slips 13 notches to 49th
- Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
- Seoul shares open sharply lower on US losses
- In a first, Le Sserafim collaborates with Overwatch for in
- SK gears up for largest
- LG Energy Solution's new residential ESS to hit US market
- KTO to offer weekend railroad travel packages through February
- 김의겸 "김혜경 법카 유용 의혹, 그 정도 사안은 영장 못 쳐"
- Posco International completes EV parts plant in Mexico
- Strengthening Vietnam
- D.O. of EXO to leave SM
- Mirae Asset Securities to buy back shares worth W60b
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival aims to encourage indie filmmakers working in tough times
- [Herald Interview] Kiss of Life continues to describe different aspects of freedom through music
- [New on the Scene] Joo Jong
- Top chefs gather to create innovative dishes with Korean ingredients
- Bass Youn Kwang
- Seoul shares open higher on hope for exports recovery
- Investment opportunities in Kazakhstan, South Chungcheong Province highlighted at GBF
- 尹 대통령 “새마을정신 되새겨 혁신과 창의로 뭉쳐야”
- 윤 대통령, 오스틴 美국방과 만찬 “北, 하마스식 도발땐 단호히 응징”
- Han Kang wins prestigious French award for foreign literature
- [Herald Interview] Korean 'changgeuk' meets Peking opera
- 야당, 노란봉투·방송3법 강행…여당, 필리버스터 예고
- 노조에 파업 손배 청구 힘들어져…재계, 노란봉투법 통과 강력 반발
- KDI slashes 2024 growth to 2.2%
- Yoon's approval rating falls for first time in 3 weeks to 34.7%
- Journey to Joseon scholars' timeless dwellings
- 이동관 탄핵땐 방통위 1명 남아, 방송 재승인·재허가 올스톱
- 인요한 "변하든지 죽든지…말 듣지 않으면 매도 들 수 있다"
- YG's new group Babymonster to debut on Nov. 27
- CATL reduces gap with LG Energy Solution