您现在的位置是：부모와 아이 >>正文
[Herald Review] Music Festival Pohang stands strong without conductor or chairs
简介POHANG, North Gyeongsang Province -- When the Music Festival Pohang was launched in 2020, the timing ...
POHANG, North Gyeongsang Province -- When the Music Festival Pohang was launched in 2020, the timing could not have been worse. The world was hit by the COVID-19 pandemic and the majority of music festivals -- both old and new -- were canceled.
The music festival, which aims to promote classical music, continues to stand strong as it returns for its third year, taking place in the port city known for its steel industry.
The festival's opening concert took place Friday evening at the Pohang Culture and Art Hall.
An orchestra filled the stage with the piano at the very center. However, two things were missing from the stage -- a conductor and chairs for the musicians.
In that setting, pianist Sohn Min-soo began performing Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major, Op. 58. As the music unfolded, it created the almost visible sensation of a wave.
Freed from the confines of a chair, each performer showed more emotion and expression, yet their movements and gestures did not detract from the music. Rather, the setting created inspiration for the audience as well as the performers.
Performing with a standing orchestra was a new experience for seasoned pianist and teacher, Sohn.
- 부모와 아이
The Korea-Indonesia Business Cooperation Forum is all set to take place on Thursday in Jakarta, mark ...
- 부모와 아이
Posco International said Wednesday it completed a production facility for traction motor cores, or p ...
- 부모와 아이
Samsung Bioepis, a biosimilar developer under Samsung Group, said Thursday that the company has comp ...
Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
Samsung Bioepis launches Soliris biosimilar in Europe
Posco International completes EV parts plant in Mexico
KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet
'Teenage Mercenary’ leads Korean webtoon sensation in Japan
- [KH Explains] Samsung
- Seventeen 1st male group this year to top Melon Top 100
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage first
- Exhibition at holy site highlights Catholic presence in Korea
- Fifty Fifty’s agency terminates contract with 3 of 4 group members
- AmCham delegation to visit Washington this week
- Gender ministry to discipline 123 parents for not paying child support
- Seoul shares open higher as US Treasury yields slide
- Naver to build digital twin platform for Saudi cities
- Looming election has Yoon advocating harder for everyday South Koreans
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- 'Basel Night' at Swiss Embassy in Seoul heralds Basel's cultural legacy
- Seoul shares end higher on tech gains, Fed comments
- “北, 무단철거 금강산 골프장서 옥수수 건조”
- Seoul shares dip 1 pct on Fed rate hike woes, won sharply slides
- Igis launches $100m secondary fund for overseas investment
- Lightsum's new album ‘Honey or Spice’ tickles tastebuds
- [Exclusive] 'Game of Thrones' publisher inks deal for Korean books for first time
- South Korean oil payments for Iran frozen again over Hamas links
- Chinese avant
- [Photo News] 2023 Sea Art Festival returns to Busan's Ilgwang Beach
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- S Korea, UAE to hold aviation talks over potential increase in bilateral flights
- N. Korea sent more than 1,000 containers of military equipment, munitions to Russia: White House