SK Ecoplant to supply advanced fuel cells to Irish data center
简介South Korean energy and environmental solutions provider SK Ecoplant said Monday that it signed a pa ...
South Korean energy and environmental solutions provider SK Ecoplant said Monday that it signed a partnership with Lumcloon Energy, an Irish power generation firm, to supply solid oxide fuel cells for a new data center in Castlestown, Ireland, marking a step toward greener energy utilization in European data centers.
On Thursday, SK Ecoplant had a signing ceremony with Lumcloon Energy to integrate fuel cell technology for a new data center located approximately 80 kilometers west of Dublin. This initiative not only includes fuel cell provision but also extends to shared efforts in renewable energy sectors such as solar, hydrogen and energy storage systems.
As data centers consume roughly 18 percent of Ireland’s electricity -- a figure projected to climb to 30 percent by 2028 -- fuel cells are gaining attention for their ability to provide efficient energy generation in compact urban spaces, presenting a sustainable alternative to conventional fossil fuels.
"The first fuel cell-powered data center in Europe will be a great model for future data centers that combine the latest technology with eco-friendly solutions," said Simon Coveney, Ireland’s minister for enterprise, trade and employment.
SK Ecoplant's strategic partnership with US-based Bloom Energy since 2018 has been instrumental in enhancing its green energy portfolio. Bloom Energy’s SOFCs, or solid oxide fuel cells, which represent the third generation of fuel cells with exceptional efficiency, are particularly important in this venture.
Tasked with the development, financing and construction aspects of the fuel cell project, SK Ecoplant’s partnership with Lumcloon Energy is expected to make new inroads into the European market for data center energy solutions and renewable energy applications.
"This cooperation will lay the foundation for providing eco-friendly energy solutions, including fuel cell business, to Ireland and perhaps even Europe," said SK Ecoplant President Park Kyung-il.
South Korea has initiated a comprehensive examination of scenarios aimed at restoring guard posts in ...
Standing in front of the works by Korean artists Kim Deok-han and Keem Ji-young can be a solemn expe ...
The number of employees in South Korea's manufacturing sector in the last three months dropped ...
Samsung Biologics sees highest
Celltrion merger plan approved by shareholders
[Photo News] Mt. Seorak welcomes first snow of the season
Year after deadly crowd crush, victims, families yet to leave it behind
S. Korea, Japan, China agree to accelerate summit efforts
Kangwon Land's wellness facilities offer quiet retreat
- [Life In Korea] Delivering 'taste of life' via street art
- Meta fails to provide communication channel in Korea: lawmaker
- Architect Dominique Perrault's 'Lightwalk' displayed at French Embassy in Seoul
- Han Kang's novel shortlisted for 2 prestigious French awards
- [KH Explains] A look back on Lee Jae
- SK Innovation joins hands with Fiji for mangrove restoration
- 김웅 "이준석 사면은 내부총질·해당행위…마녀재판 맞았던 것"
- [Coffee Klatch] Unique mugwort tea latte paired with flower cakes, dango
- Ruling party to appoint innovation committee members
- Hyundai Motor posts highest Q3 earnings on upbeat US sales
- [Herald Interview] Indonesia's Aladin Bank CEO eyes digital banking partnerships with Korea
- New US special envoy for N. Korean human rights issues takes office, plans to visit Seoul next week
- LS Cable inks partnership for Vietnam submarine cable market
- S. Korea may decide to increase medical student quota as early as next week
- 28th BIFF comes to an end
- Yoon says improved relations between S. Korea, Japan are people's will
- KT & G to build new tobacco plant in Kazakhstan
- 尹 보선 첫 반응 "선거 결과서 교훈 찾아, 지혜롭게 변화를"
- [Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
- P&G Korea launches premium diaper to combat skin dryness
- UAE President's Seoul visit postponed amid Middle East tensions
- 'Basel Night' at Swiss Embassy in Seoul heralds Basel's cultural legacy
- Dansaekhwa master Park Seo
- S. Korea has 'no urgency' to cut key lending rate soon: IMF director
- Gwanghwamun's 'woldae' to be unveiled this week after restoration
- BOK wins lawsuit on face of Korea's 100 won coin
- Le Sserafim to release first English single 'Perfect Night'
- Chinese avant
- [Exclusive] 'Game of Thrones' publisher inks deal for Korean books for first time
- Korean economy expected to grow by 2.1% in 2024: Hana Institute