Fugitive caught 3 days after escape from hospital
简介A prison fugitive, who had been on the run for three days after escaping during outside hospital tre ...
A prison fugitive, who had been on the run for three days after escaping during outside hospital treatment, was caught Monday on the northern outskirts of Seoul, police said.
Police officers captured Kim Gil-soo at a public phone booth in Uijeongbu, just north of Seoul, at 9:24 p.m. He was calling his girlfriend, according to police.
The manhunt began last Saturday when the 36-year-old fugitive, who was detained at the Seoul Detention Center, south of Seoul, on charges of special robbery, ran away while receiving treatment for abdominal pain at a hospital in Anyang, 18 kilometers south of the capital.
Kim, who was arrested as a robbery suspect last Monday and sent to the prison last Thursday, reportedly swallowed part of a plastic spoon before being transferred to Hallym University Sacred Heart Hospital. Kim fled the hospital by taxi at 6:20 a.m. Saturday after asking prison officials to uncuff him for a bathroom visit.
Police have mobilized all available manpower and resources to track down the fugitive, adding he has a criminal history due to being convicted of a sexual offense in 2011. They offered a reward of 5 million won ($3,820) for information leading to his arrest.
Kim, who stands 175 centimeters tall and weighs 83 kilograms, had been seen wearing beige-colored sportswear as of Saturday, police said, noting his appearance may have changed later as he is believed to have stopped by a hair salon while on the run. (Yonhap)
KT SAT, Korea's sole satellite service provider, announced Wednesday its plan to enhance its ma ...
Im Soo-jung and Lee Dong-wook seem like a good match in Korean romance flicks – as seen in Lee’s spe ...
Hanwha Ocean is leading a government research project on defense and security technology for buildin ...
- South Korea warns tit
- Volvo EX30 debuts in Korea
- BOK likely to keep policy rate unchanged on slowdown, hope for Fed's rate freeze, easing inflation
- Jeju's autonomy is model for Western Sahara: Morocco
- Seoul reviews scenarios for restoring guard posts in DMZ
- Music industry seeks solution to ticket scalping through public discussion
South Korea warns tit
Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
Court clears cabbie in death of passenger who jumped out of moving taxi
School violence drops, drugs among teens surge: police
Disability rights group lodges complaint with rights watchdog over leader's arrest
- Yoon calls for enhancing connectivity of world economy with APEC at center
- Global Kimchi Day declared
- Hyundai Motor becomes first brand to sell cars on Amazon
- Han Kang says her historical novels were a literary resistance against violence
- EBS' new nature doc to explore symbiotic relationship between nature and humanity
- S. Korean shares snap 3
- Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
- IMF calls for restrictive monetary policy for S. Korea 'for considerable time' to tame inflation
- SK Telecom CEO shows confidence in AI
- Dancers say Street Woman Fighter 2 made dance more approachable
- 금태섭 “文 전 대통령, 조국 출마 적절한지 의견 분명히 해야”
- KB chief vows to nurture AI talents
- KIPO chief strengthens IP alliances with Middle Eastern counterparts
- N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
- 尹, 과학기술자문회의와 오찬 “예타 간소화·예산집행 유연화 필요”
- Hyundai Motor to halt Asan factory in Korea for EV factory construction
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- American investigated for ‘teeth grinding’ graffiti across Yongsan
- Korean banks at risk of W3tr in losses in HK
- 조응천 "김종인이 2명 배제하자…민주당, 총선서 제1당 됐다"
- Seoul shares open higher despite US losses
- [Hello Indonesia] Hyundai Motor vows to steer Indonesia's transition to EVs
- [Herald Interview] Nam Woo
- [Bills in Focus] Windfall tax on banks and urban infra refurbishment
- 'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- [Hello Hangeul] Welding book first in vocational Korean series for foreign labor
- Posco to start search for new chief
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- Samsung sets up control tower for new growth drivers
- [Today’s K